|View Employer Profile||
Tuesday, April 18, 2017FULL DESCRIPTION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:The Business Management Advisor will work as part of the Tanzania Local Economic Development Project (T-Led) which aims to increase the benefit to local communities in Tanzania through the investment in agriculture and the extractives industries.
The Business Management Advisor will work with the Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO), Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) and Tanzania Women Chamber of Commerce (TWCC), to coach and mentor local companies in the extractives and agriculture supply chains, developing their capacity to be considered as a supplier.
Ultimately the role will contribute to local companies winning more contracts and employing more people and therefore ensuring a greater proportion of foreign investment benefits local people.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Train SME staff in business management, including market analysis and developing business plans
- Support target SMEs to achieve standards required by the foreign investors
- Coach and mentor SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff to improve business support services
- Develop tools and training materials with SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff that can be used in their business development services
- Improve capacity of SMEs to win contracts with companies in the extractives and agriculture value chains