|View Employer Profile||
Friday, March 31, 2017FULL DESCRIPTION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:This 11 month placement is located in Guyana and begins between Feb-Apr.
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
This is a very exciting opportunity. The volunteer will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of Guyana's Labour Market Information System.
The right candidate for this placement will have experience working with labour market data and statistics and designing and implementing labour-market surveys. They will have experience working with industry, education and government. They will have in-depth knowledge of the relationship between industry needs, a country's workforce and its education and training institutions. We are looking for someone with experience in the petroleum and gas industries and knowledge of emerging industries - someone who understands what skills are needed to drive these industries forward. The right candidate will have the confidence to train their colleagues in labour market data collection, analysis and reporting.
*We are trying to match the perfect volunteer to the perfect experience so our start dates can be flexible. It would just depend on the partner organization’s needs
The volunteer will:
- Work in the Statistical Unit/LABOUR Market Information Unit of the Ministry of Social Protection to contribute towards the development of a modern labour market information system (LMIS) in Guyana.
- Presently Guyana is ranked in the third TIER amongst Caribbean Countries as it pertains to LMIS
- Design and develop a survey for skills in the petroleum, Gas and other emerging industries.
- Training of staff in both theory and practical on collection, analysis and reporting of LABOUR Statistics.
- EXAMINE application issues involved, as it relates to the theory of LABOUR Statistics best policies.
- Design and Implement tracer studies for Technical Institutes.
- Review and improve the Occupational Wages and Hours of work surveys being conducted.
Essential Academic Qualifications
-First Degree with minimum of five (5) year’s work experience in related Statistical/LABOUR Market Work/Environment.
Essential Professional Background/Competencies
- Work experience in related Statistical/LABOUR Market Work/Environment.
- Very good computer knowledge and experience.
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation