|View Employer Profile||
Tuesday, April 18, 2017FULL DESCRIPTION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:The overall purpose of this placement in Harar is to strengthen the maternal and child nutritional care service provision in East Harrarghe Zone through capacity building and system strengthening in East Harrarghe Zone Government sector offices that are the member of the zonal nutrition coordination committee.
The project has three intermediate objectives:
Improve nutrition practices and services for women of reproductive age and boys and girls under five years
Improve nutrition-sensitive practices for women of reproductive age and boys and girls under five years
Strengthen governance of gender-sensitive nutrition programs and approaches at the Federal, Regional, Zonal and Woreda levels.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Conduct institutional nutrition capacity assessment to identify gaps
- Design and implement multi-sectoral nutrition capacity building activities
- Assist the Zonal Nutrition Coordination Committee (NCC) in planning sector specific nutrition related activities
- Support the design and implementation of locally appropriate household dietary diversity strategies and food recipes
- Assist in the design and implementation of local food preservation methods, and use of improved cooking technology