|View Employer Profile||
Friday, March 31, 2017FULL DESCRIPTION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:This 12 month placement is located in Peru and starts between Jan- March
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
Agriculture is the main source of employment and income in rural areas of Peru. Women play a key role in agricultural activities, but they have less access to and control over productive resources such as land, income, credit and training. Cooperatives, which have a long history of contributing to socio-economic and organizational development, have the potential to contribute to progress towards achieving the goals of gender equality and women´s empowerment.
The overall purpose of this placement is to provide technical assistance to the Agricultural Cocoa Cooperative Acopagro for improving their efforts to advance gender equity, including training staff and members.
Cuso International is looking for a volunteer like you to strengthen development and gender equality initiatives of the Acopagro Cocoa Cooperative, located in the town of Juanjui, in the department of San Martin. The cooperative has been implementing development projects that aim to strengthen the personal and professional skills of rural women
The objectives of the placement are:
- To support rural women members of the cooperative in the development of their personal and entrepreneurial skills.
- Contribute to the development of professional skills of rural women.
In more detail, the volunteer will:
Contribute to the design and implementation of entrepreneurship projects for women´s socio-economic integration
Visit communities where they might have business initiatives or ideas to put into action in order to get know the places and how people work, and to identify women groups that have economic initiatives
Contribute to the design and implementation of workshops on entrepreneurship, innovation, marketing, value chain, business administration, etc. (as necessary)
Provide support and technical assistance to women´s economic initiatives and small enterprises
Essential Academic Qualifications
Gender/Women Studies, Rural Development, Social Ssiences (or equivalent through experience)
Essential Professional Background/Competencies
Experience in mainstreaming gender equality and socio-economic development, particularly in Latin America.
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation