|View Employer Profile||
Monday, April 10, 2017FULL DESCRIPTION
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:DURATION: 4 months
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE:
Departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position will remain open until filled.
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 200 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterra country program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic subsectors.
For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca
Established in 2001, the Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) is an ECOSOC-accredited NGO which is at the forefront of youth development policy, practice and research in Ghana. Aside its main office in Accra, the organisation also has 20 other coordination points in all ten regions hosted by regional and district partners. There are currently 12 core personnel at YES-Ghana, supported by a pool of young professionals who offer their skills, experience and enthusiasm voluntarily to support programme delivery.
YES-Ghana has key competencies in three programme sectors: Youth Employment & Entrepreneurial Development; Youth Policy & Governance; and Youth Participation & Active Citizenship. Within these sectors, the organisation has more than a decade’s experience in developing and managing programmes combining multi-prong approaches and strategies. YES Ghana is part of the organizations implementing the Construction project with Global Communities. YES Ghana needs a Strategic Plan Development Advisor to support in the development of the new 5 year plan.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review Current Strategic Plan for YES identifying gaps
- Provide recommendations to the towards the new plan
- Develop a new 5 year strategic plan taking into consideration youth inclusiveness for YES
- Train staff of aspects of the plan developed
- University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or any relevant University program; adult education or organizational development
- Previous experience in organizational development an asset
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Cross-cultural experience preferred
- Ease in adapting to different cultures
- Promote the accessibility and participation of women and men, especially young women and young men, in all program activities
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Support for accompanying partners and up to two dependants on placements of greater than 12 months.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
- Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
- With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution for participating in the Uniterra program: $2,000 for assignments of 4 months or less; $1,500 for over 4 months.
TO APPLY VISIT: