We are pleased to offer gender equality resource’s from our recent Inter-Council Network of Provincial and Regional Councils for International Cooperation (ICN) webinar, in partnership with Karen Craggs-Milne, a leading Canadian gender expert. We are happy to share the PowerPoint for those of you who were not able to participate, or that wish to review the materials again.
In this 90-minute webinar Karen presented a consolidated overview of the various gender equality requirements in Global Affairs Canada’s call for preliminary proposals to ensure a strengthened understanding of both what is expected, and how to ‘do business differently’. This was followed by an opportunity for Karen to respond to specific questions from webinar participants through a written Q&A period.
Topics covered in the webinar included:
- Context:The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Government of Canada’s new Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP), Canada’s ODA priorities
- Understanding GAC’s new program typology:Gender-targeted vs Gender integrated (fully / partially) and what it means for program design
- Gender equality in Results-based Management (RBM) tools: where and how is gender equality included across RBM tools
- GAC’s 3 Gender Equality Objectives: Possible results statements and indicators
- Gender-based analysis: What, why and how
Note that Canada offers a Status of Women free online Gender-Based Analysis course, on its website, click here for details.