Leading Within An Organization: Engaging Your Team Through Effective Communication
Centre for Social Innovation
Room F (3rd Floor)
192 Spadina Avenue
June 25, 2019
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Registration: $150 per person or $125 per person for more than 2 people from the same organization. Lunch is on your own.
In the fast-paced workplace, who has the time to deal with interpersonal relationships?
And yet, miscommunication & misunderstandings cost money, decrease motivation and impact performance.
Slow down to gain time. Communicating clearly and intentionally is key to relationships. Those relationships are the heart of healthy, effective teams. By cultivating communication and empathy, leaders and team members will stay motivated and thrive while reaching their goals.
This workshop will be interactive, stimulating, fun and thought provoking. Leaders will go back to their teams with doable, practical and valuable tools in their pocket for boosting relationships, team spirit and productivity. When people are appreciated for what they bring, they’ll go above and beyond.
● Increase performance in the workplace
● Empower and inspire employees with empathic leadership skills
● Extend empathy in a fast-paced work environment
● Strengthen nonprofit organizations
● Communicate with purpose and intention
● Foster a culture of trust (interpersonal relationships)
1. Explore ways to stay in dialogue in the face of disagreements
2. Dive into communication challenges based on real workplace situations
3. Learn a strategy to redirect the energy and focus on what matters
4. Discover ways to empower people through powerful listening skills
5. Extract the meaning behind words to reach a shared understanding
6. Make decisions based on shared values and inclusion of all relevant voices
7. Create an environment where people feel engaged, stimulated and motivated
● Immersion and experiential one day training based on Nonviolent Communication approach, philosophy and language
● Practical communication exercises that include the art of listening and giving feedback
● Use of Needs and Feelings vocabulary lists
● Tools for empathic leadership
Click here to learn more.