Program Support Officer – Communication
Position: Program Support Officer – Communication
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
City Lusaka, Zambia
Start Date May – Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 9 Months
The Volunteer’s Role
This is an exciting opportunity for you to contribute to a regional nutrition program led by CARE Canada!
Your role as the Program Support Officer will be to support the South African Nutrition Initiative (SANI) team by improving the internal communications and access to program information for CARE International in Zambia. You will be updating project information and ensuring that the CARE Zambia staff learn how to monitor information on their database. In addition, the Program Support Officer will also be working closely with program managers to create hubs for online platforms.
Apply today and together we can make a difference tomorrow.
As a volunteer, you will:
– Populate the online database with past present and future project information
– Ensure all advisors, program/project managers and monitoring, evaluation and learning officers know how to download and upload information for the online database
– Create summary information files of all past and present projects that contains key information such as budget, populations served, achievements, key activities and objectives and design a platform annexed to the online database that will allow easy retrieval for the creation of capacity statements etc.
– Work with key program managers (primarily for Nutrition and for SGBV) to set up working hubs that both use the online database and virtual meeting for sharing learnings and new innovations and act as an incubator for new project development.
– Design the hub platforms annexed to the online database that allows for easy access to key information and train participants on how to use the platform
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Essential Professional Background:
-Some experience in organizing data effectively
– Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
– Accommodation while in placement
– Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
– Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
– Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
– Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
– Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months