Collaborate | Innovate | Engage
Fellow persons interested or actively engaged in public or community engagement from across the country met this autumn at the Inter-Council Network (ICN) Public Engagement Catalyst Forum, a bilingual national forum, which took place at the Centre culturel franco manitobain in Winnipeg, Manitoba from October 11 – 13th.
• Inspired by innovative and accessible ways to engage communities in social change by those who use art, sport and other creative approaches to public outreach
• Learned how to integrate and formalize public engagement into your organization’s core activities and strategic direction at local, regional and national levels
• Increased their own skills and knowledge to effectively measure the quality and impact of your outreach and communications efforts
• Situated public engagement in the current national context: Canada’s new Feminist International Assistance Policy
• Celebrated successes and shared challenges, gained insight and discussed solutions with experts in the field of public engagement
• Established potential partnerships and synergies across the country with other passionate public engagement practitioners
• Explored new and innovative practices of public engagement through participatory workshops and seminars
Learn more about the “Artists as Catalysts of Social Change” – a public event on the evening of Wednesday October 11th, featuring artists who will be performing and speaking about how they use art to engage different communities on social issues.