Advisor for Project Development and Fundraising
Position: Advisor for Project Development and Fundraising
Closing Date: November 11, 2019
Location Cotonou, Benin
Start date Sep – Nov 2019 (flexible)
Duration of the assignment 6 Months
Language Requirements French, English
Open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only
Role of the volunteer cooperant
Do you have knowledge of setting up or managing development programs and projects, knowledge in search of funding, skills in capacity building, a sense of initiative and passionate about fighting social inequalities in Africa? This is a unique opportunity for you!
As an Advisor in project planning and fundraising, you will work with the Social Change Observatory, Ministry of Planning and Development in Cotonou to support the team of the Observatory of Social Change in Cotonou. to set up projects and seek funding to carry out its main missions on growth, poverty reduction and the Sustainable Development Goals in Benin.
Apply for this offer that matches your profile and make a difference in Benin!
The Volunteer-Cooperant will have to carry out the following activities:
-Strengthen the capacities of the OCS actors in terms of project editing.
-To strengthen the capacities of the actors of the OCS in search of financing
-To support the OCS to develop strategies to reinforce its cooperation with Benin’s technical and financial partners in the field of analysis and monitoring-evaluation of the effects and impacts of public policies, strategies, programs and public development projects.
Essential academic skills:
– University degree, in program management and development projects or any other relevant field.
Experience / Essential Professional Skills:
– At least 5 years experience in editing programs and development projects;
-Very good experience in program management and development projects;
-Excellent capabilities of redactin;
-Ability to work with public structures, with few resources and as a member of a team.
– Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
– Accommodation while in placement
– Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
– Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
– Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
– Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.