Position: Analytics Manager
Closing Date: November 10, 2019
Careers that empower young dreamers
When you make a decision to work with Children Believe you’re not just doing something great for your career, you’re helping empower children around the world to access education, pursue their dreams and be a voice for change. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to help children dream and live fearlessly. Children Believe is currently recruiting for the following position: Analytics Manager
Reporting to the Director, Technology, Analytics and Projects will work to devise, execute and evaluate value-added analytics activities that help enable improved decision making, efficiency and effectiveness. The position will serve areas across the enterprise, supporting and enabling collaboration, new insights and data-driven decisions.
This role includes, but not limited to:
1. Identify, design and execute analytical functions to support the decision-making processes, strategic direction and project execution of functional teams (Corporate Services, Fund Development and Communication and Programs & Policy) and cross-functional special project groups. This includes monthly management reporting, marketing campaign analysis, donor profile analysis, program reach and effectiveness reporting and other ad hoc special projects. Effectively communicate and/or present results and recommendations based on data analysis
2. Work with internal stakeholder, fulfilling ad hoc requests for information by interpreting requests, extracting, compiling, interpreting and presenting data.
3. Ensure the integrity of key organization-wide data and the safeguarding of sensitive information. This includes overseeing relevant data hygiene practice, quality control standards, records maintenance and cross-platform data integrity.
4. Develop, manage and enhance KPI dashboard reporting – working with relevant stakeholders to identify and prioritize needs, establish and test metrics, pilot test and improve ongoing reporting.
5. Act as subject-matter expert in matters related to data integrity and analysis. Research and provide guidance on policy changes and the establishment of best practices.
6. Comply with all Children Believe policies.
7. Perform other related duties pro-actively or as assigned.
The ideal candidate possesses:
• University degree in Statistics, Business, Marketing, Analytics or a related discipline;
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience;
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access);
• Good working knowledge of one or more of: SQL; SPSS; Google analytics; Anaconda/Python applications; Oracle databases; CRM applications;
• Strong analytical reporting and data presentation skills;
• Passion for – and very skilled at – linking research to actionable donor insights (developing donor profiles, segmentation models, etc.);
• Expertise in data mining and manipulation, extracting and importing and filtering from relational databases such as Oracle;
• Familiarity with marketing campaign management systems;
• Demonstrated skills in customer satisfaction measurement, and high degree of familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies;
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• Strong interest in or established track record working with non-governmental international development organizations;
• Ability to excel in a team environment as well as accountability as an individual contributor;
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with the pressure of multiple deadlines;
• Flexibility to work additional hours as required to meet commitments;
• Self-driven with strong desire to collaborate and leverage the knowledge and skills of those around them;
• Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset;
• Demonstrated commitment to Children Believe’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Attributes, Traits, Behaviours:
• Accountability for results
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple deliverables that have overlapping completion dates
• Solutions oriented, flexible, adaptable
Children Believe offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EFAP and company-match RRSP.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart, combined with the skills and interest for the Analytics Manager position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to Children Believe’s Careers website: https://childrenbelieve.ca/about-us/who-we-are/careers/
Select the button: “Find Career Opportunities”.
Search under Job Title for ” Analytics Manager”. Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and attach your résumé and covering letter.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children Believe is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible (at this time) to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
Children Believe is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Children Believe is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.