Business Development Advisor
Position: Business Development Advisor
Closing Date: June 15, 2019
Start Date Apr – Jun 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 9 Months
The Volunteer’s Role
We are searching for a passionate volunteer to help improve best practices and provide quality administrative support for our SANI Project in Malawi.
The Southern Africa Nutrition Initiative (SANI) Project in Malawi aims to improve nutritional outcomes in women of reproductive age (15-49) and children under 5 years of age. The project is implemented through a partnership between CARE, Cuso International, the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), McGill University, and the Government of Malawi.
As a Business Development Advisor, you will help strengthen communications, reporting, and business development capacity of staff and partners, including the development of human-interest stories and donor reports. Additionally, you will support SANI-related administrative, planning and monitoring activities at field and head office-level.
Apply for this position, and let’s make a difference together!
As a volunteer, you will:
– Develop, share, and train others in the development of best practices, success stories, and reports for the SANI project
– Support concept note development and donor liaising in the proposal development process to broaden CARE Malawi’s program portfolio
– Increase business development capacity within the Malawi Country Office – Provide nutrition policy direction and guidance to key stakeholders
Essential Academic Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Sciences or related field
Essential Professional Background:
– Demonstrated work experience with proposal development, program implementation
– Familiarity with Results-Based Management tools and proposal development processes
– Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
– Accommodation while in placement
– Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
– Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
– Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
– Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
– Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months