Community Engagement Lead Volunteers
Position: Community Engagement Lead Volunteers
Closing Date: November 25, 2019
Working with OCIC’s Community Engagement and Learning (CEL) team, OCIC staff, and other stakeholders, the Community Engagement (CE) Lead Volunteer will support OCIC’s public engagement activities for the period of December 2019 – April 2020.
Lead Volunteer Position Description
Reporting to the Community Engagement Specialist, the Lead Volunteer(s) will gain experience engaging Canadians, particularly youth, in International Cooperation issues towards gender equality, the empowerment of women and girls, reducing poverty and inequality, and the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). CE Lead Volunteer(s) will assist with activities such as:
– supporting the development and curation of multimedia storytelling exhibits and events;
– helping to plan, organize and implement a variety of public events during International Development Week, including OCIC’s Innovation Lab, SDG booths, and member engagement activities;
– helping to develop and deliver info sessions and PE activities focused on gender equality and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to diverse audiences and OCIC members, such as diaspora community groups, at universities and colleges, and with diverse non-profits and social enterprises;
– supporting OCIC’s youth-focused activities, including the Youth Policy-Makers Hub;
– ensuring gender equality and anti-oppression is integrated into all public engagement initiatives and activities as outlined in our funding agreements and organizational policies;
– helping to document and report insights and lessons learned to be shared with the sector at large; and
– providing administrative support and other duties as needed.
Please see full description for details.