Position: Development Coordinator
Employer: Partners In Health Canada
Location: Toronto, ON
Deadline: August 5, 2021
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: August 5, 2021
Position Title: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Manager, Annual Giving and Engagement
Partners In Health (PIH) is a global health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change. In a world too willing to value one human life over another, PIH stands in solidarity with the destitute, the marginalized and the sick. We pursue a moral mission within a medical context: to provide the best health care to those who need it most. Partners In Health Canada was founded in 2011 and is based in Toronto. Visit www.pihcanada.org to learn more.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the continued growth of our philanthropic portfolio across individual and foundation donors and broader development needs across the organization. Reporting to the Manager, Annual Giving and Engagement, but working closely with all team members, the successful candidate will be involved in a diverse range of activities including donor relations and stewardship, data management, prospect research, preparation of materials and briefing documents, student engagement, and administrative functions. Given the wide range of responsibilities, the successful candidate will be an organized and process-oriented self-starter with the flexibility and judgment to prioritize time effectively. This is a position with significant opportunity for learning and long-term growth in a dynamic work environment.
Development and Database Operations (60%)
• Facilitate frontline and back-end donor support services including gift processing, tax receipting, acknowledgement letters, stewardship calls and responding to donor enquiries
• Ensure PIH Canada donor database is up-to-date including gift entry, contacts, proposal and stewardship activities, revenue reporting dashboards, and overall data integrity
• Creation and maintenance of online donation and fundraising pages
• Systems operations troubleshooting
• Prospect research and portfolio management
Development Administration (20%)
• Support preparation of development packages, briefings, and event logistics
• Support finance department with monthly reconciliations, documents for audit preparation, and maintenance of donation and receipt backups
• Coordinate office supplies and equipment needs
Student Engagement (20%)
• Oversee university chapters supporting Partners In Health Canada; support student leaders to develop and execute on advocacy and fundraising goals
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent with minimum one year of experience in non-profit environment
• Comfort working with data and data management systems; Salesforce experience is a significant asset
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Committed team player with ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience serving in leadership capacity with student organizing and advocacy organizations
• Interest in social justice and global health
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
• French fluency is an asset
Compensation will depend on experience within a range of $42,000 - $48,000. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with an application deadline of August 5, 2021.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Development Coordinator’ in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all applicants but regret we will be unable to respond to all submissions. We request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews; thank you for your understanding.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Partners In Health Canada is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. We value diversity in the workplace and believe our work is stronger when it benefits from the experience and knowledge of a diverse team. People with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized groups and members of other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Partners In Health Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.