Digital Marketing Advisor (E-Volunteer)
Position: Digital Marketing Advisor (E-Volunteer)
Closing Date: September 30, 2020
Digital Marketing Advisor (E-Volunteer) with the Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training
Partner Name: Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training
E-volunteer Location: Canada
Partner Location: Ghana
Duration: 4 months
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week (flexible)
Context for the Assignment:
Are you passionate about supporting employment opportunities for youth? Do you have marketing skills to share?
As the Digital Marketing Advisor E-Volunteer with the Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Ghana, you will support the design and delivery of innovative digital marketing strategies to reach more youth and enable them to improve their income generating opportunities.
Apply today to make an impact in the lives of women and youth in Ghana!
Role & Responsibilities:
– Review the current digital marketing strategy and advise on the creation of consistent promotional campaigns based on the newest technological trends and insights;
– Collaborate with the partner to provide training on developing, executing, monitoring and evaluating digital marketing strategies and tools including social media channels, email, search engine optimization and display advertising campaigns;
– Share best practices relating to current online marketing trends and methods for capturing online feedback on systems performance;
– Participate in pre-assignment online training;
– Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
– Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
– Co-develop a remote volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC volunteer work plan template;
– Participate in organizational and project improvement activities such as surveys, assessments and learning/planning sessions;
– Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
Qualifications and Experience
– Degree and/or training in communications, marketing, information technology, or other relevant field;
– Experience in marketing and/or digital marketing;
– Experience providing online training is an advantage;
– Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
– Comfortable using online working platforms;
– Access to a reliable internet connection;
– A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
– Experience with group facilitation and training, including content development;
– Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
– Written and oral fluency in English;
– Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.