Donor Relations Manager – Western Canada
Position: Donor Relations Manager – Western Canada
Closing Date: December 8, 2019
World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, is looking for a Donor Relations Manager for the region of Western Canada. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to build relationships, raise funds, and help end global poverty! This position is responsible for developing relationships and implementing the agreed upon team strategy with existing and potential agency donors. The objective is: increase financial support and resources, engage current constituents and cultivate potential donors. The successful candidate will have a BA in sales, communications, or marketing and 3 years experience in fundraising or donor relations. Sales experience a plus!
-Implement the donor development strategy through personalized communications including but not limited to donor visits, telephone calls and written notes as follows:
a. Manage an account list of assigned donors and execute the communication strategy for donor engagement
b. Understand, assess, and track donors to:
i. Research individual donor type, history, including donation potential and relevant social/demographic information to develop comprehensive donor profiles.
ii. Maintain regular and accurate donor communication and revenue reporting
iii. Collaborate with the whole CORE team including, but not limited to Donor and Church Relations, Marketing and Communications, Program Excellence, Etc.
iv. Identify potential Major Donors and Planned Gift prospects to the organization
c. Develop and implement the donor development/moves management strategy and devise and execute contact plans for a mixed portfolio of donors, including but not limited to: Major donors, Mid-Level donors, Planned and Estate Gifts, etc.
d. Focus on securing support for the World Renew Comprehensive Impact Campaign
e. Set fundraising goals and targets in collaboration with the team and in relation to the team strategy
f. Appropriately thank donors via various means for specific gifts
g. Research and provide donors with reports, newsletters, articles about World Renew or specific programs and areas of ministry, or other relevant information to report on the impact of their giving, increase their understanding and support for the ministry of World Renew, and/or respond to their request(s) for specific information
h. Perform similar contacts that affirm donors and share the ministry of World Renew with existing and potential donors, supporters
i. Learn about the work of World Renew in depth, and actively stay abreast of program activity so to connect donor interest to the work happening throughout the world
-Promote planned giving in collaboration with team members and Christian Stewardship Services representatives in western Canada
-Oversee corporate match giving program in Canada, and promote these opportunities
-Determine donor interest, develop and present proposals, write and/or present progress reports as well as schedule in-person visits, and other engagement strategies for major and mid-range donors
-Travel within the region for in-person visits, relationship building, donor appreciation and fundraising events
-Enter information, data, donor contact points, and create profiles within the on-line donor management system
-Professionally and faithfully represent World Renew, and its core values, in all forms of communication
-Perform other duties as assigned
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Understanding of, and strong commitment to World Renews mission, vision, values, and value proposition.
3. Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity.
4. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure.
5. Ability to articulate a biblical world and life view and explain how World Renew carries this out by exemplifying enthusiasm for the ministry and encouraging the same in others.
6. Working knowledge of the Christian Reformed Church (CRC) is an asset.
7. Self-directed with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and ability to set priorities in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment.
8. Flexible and adaptable team player; proven skills in collaborating with others.
9. Strong interpersonal communication skills, can express ideas clearly both written and verbal, able to listen with sensitivity.
10. Able to speak easily and positively with people over the telephone and other modes of communication.
11. Thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills.
12. Ability to maintain confidential donor information.
13. Working knowledge of Fundraising CRM programs as asset (IE Raisers Edge)
More details about this opportunity, and the link to apply, can be found on our website: https://worldrenew.net/careers. Candidates interested in applying should do so on or before December 8, 2019.