Position: Entrepreneurial Advisor
Closing Date: November 11, 2019
Location Yaoundé, Cameroon
Start date Sep – Nov 2019 (flexible)
Duration of the assignment 7 Months
French language requirements
Open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only
Role of the volunteer cooperant
Do you have entrepreneurial knowledge, skills in capacity building, a sense of initiative and a passion for fighting social inequalities? This is a unique opportunity for you!
As an entrepreneurial advisor, you will work with the Ministry for the Promotion of Women and the Family to help train young Cameroonian women who have dropped out of the classical school curriculum.
Among other things, you would be responsible for identifying the training needs of women entrepreneurs, developing training (eg how to develop a business plan) and supporting an initiative developed by young Cameroonian entrepreneurs.
Apply for this offer that matches your profile and together, let us make a difference!
The Volunteer-Cooperant will have to carry out the following activities:
-Identification of the training needs of women according to the market
-the contents of each training leading to a profession are enriched
-A training program is undertaken with an evaluation grid
Essential academic skills:
-Bachelor in Social Economics, Business Administration, International Development, or related field
-Have at least 5 years of experience in business management
Experience / Essential Professional Skills:
– Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
– Accommodation while in placement
– Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
– Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
– Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
– Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.