Position: Funding Advisor
Closing Date: November 15, 2019
Location Yangon, Myanmar
Start Date Sep – Nov 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
As the Funding Advisor, you will support in preparing funding proposals, donor mapping and conducting a partner analysis for the program. Furthermore, you will also be working with team to develop funding strategic plan to indicate new partners for joint-partnership.
As a volunteer, you will:
-Produce funding proposals related to programs
-Create a funding strategy plan, donor mapping, partner analysis
-Develop funding strategy for small business partners
-Support local partners on funding related training
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-Educated to degree level or equivalent
-Degree in other subjects or a wealth of experience ,may also be acceptable
-Experience working in fundraising, including the preparation of funding applications for trusts, foundations or businesses, and government.
Essential Professional Background:
-Good verbal and written communication skills,
-Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate people and organizations to support Cuso International work
-Systematic and thorough, with an eye for detail.
-Ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines.
– Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
– Accommodation while in placement
– Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
– Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
– Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
– Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation