Fundraising & Communications Coordinator
Position: Fundraising & Communications Coordinator
Closing Date: February 28, 2020
Careers that empower young dreamers
When you make a decision to work with Children Believe you’re not just doing something great for your career, you’re helping empower children around the world to access education, pursue their dreams and be a voice for change. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to help children dream and live fearlessly. Children Believe is currently recruiting for the following position: Fundraising & Communications Coordinator
Reporting to the Chief Development & Marketing Officer, the F&C Coordinator provides executive support and administrative and project management support to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer and Directors within the FDC team to achieve organizational objectives. Fund Development & Communications encompasses Communications and Brand, Donor Engagement, Major, Intermediate and Planned Giving, and Marketing. The position also provides some support to the FDC team. The position provides technical and coordination expertise in meeting the requirements for fundraising and development.
This role includes, but not limited to:
1. Primary support to Chief Development Officer – 40%
• Executive function assistance including project management, tracking and reporting financials and work plans, producing KPI dashboards, reporting expenses, meeting set-up and coordination, producing reports, creating presentations, preparing correspondence, and general administrative and project management support, etc.
2. Support to: Director, Strategic Communications; Director, Donor Relations; Director, Marketing; and
Director, Major, Intermediate and Planning Giving – 20%
• Coordinating meetings, drafting documents, creating reports and presentations, and general administrative and project management support, etc.
3. FDC lead on various processes – 20%
• Support FDC to develop annual work plan and track progress on the work plan
• Lead logistical support for all meetings and execute meeting minutes; support effective business flows, including forward agenda planning and ensuring follow-up of actions from meetings
• Ensure all FDC performance evaluations are executed within required timelines
• Ensure compliance of Board Resolutions
4. General administration and miscellaneous – 20%
• Process expenditures, cheque requisitions, create purchase orders in Intacct for FDC, reconcile monthly statement
• Coordinate travel arrangements and schedule for FDC, including security briefings and risk documents
• Assist in maintaining relevant policies and procedures for FDC
• Assist in annual budget preparations
• Maintain an effective filing system for FDC
• Create the orientation schedule in consultation with the hiring manager and People & Culture for FDC new employees
• Order office supplies for the departments as needed
• Special project support and coordination
• WeBelieve intranet site maintenance for FDC
• Back-up support to the Executive Coordinator (to the CEO position) e.g. logistics support with the quarterly board meetings and Annual General Meeting
• Comply with all Children Believe policies and procedures
• Other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate possesses:
• Completion of a post-secondary diploma/degree;
• Minimum 2-3 years’ related work experience as an administrator/coordinator to management positions or equivalent related experience;
• Knowledge, experience and/or interest in creative, marketing, fundraising and communications processes is an asset;
• Strong organization and time management skills: excellent attention to detail; proactive in organizing projects and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously;
• Coordination of meeting preparations including organizing, equipment, setup, taking minutes and hosting external visitors;
• Advanced computer skills, specifically in MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project; experience using custom databases is an asset;
• Exceptional skills in creative layout, design and formatting of presentations;
• Experience with the accounting software, Intacct is an asset;
• Producing and generating user-friendly monthly KPI dashboard with charts, graphs, and so on;
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate internally and externally, network, collaborate, and build relationships effectively;
• Business writing skills and the ability to draft correspondence and reports;
• Experience managing confidential information and documents;
• Strong research and analysis skills;
• Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours, as needed;
• Valid driver’s license and occasional availability of own vehicle for business use;
• Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset;
• Demonstrated commitment to Children Believe’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Attributes, Traits and Behaviours:
• Accountability for results; self-driven;
• Enthusiasm and proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing demands and competing priorities;
• Confidentiality, sensitivity, diplomacy and tact;
• Demonstrate innovation in reviewing and applying new methods to the performance of work;
• Collaborative team player; service oriented attitude and behaviour;
• Commitment to continuous learning and improvement;
• “Yes we can!” positive approach to managing work.
Children Believe offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EFAP and company-match RRSP.
The position is located in our Canadian office: 1200 Denison Street, Markham, Ontario
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart, combined with the skills and interest for the Fundraising & Communications Coordinator position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to Children Believe’s Careers website: https://childrenbelieve.ca/about-us/who-we-are/careers/
Select the button: “Find Career Opportunities”.
Search under Job Title for “Fundraising & Communications Coordinator “. Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and attach your résumé and covering letter.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children Believe is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible (at this time) to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
Children Believe is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Children Believe is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.