Position: Junior Financial Analyst (mat leave contract)
Deadline: October 22, 2021
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: October 22, 2021
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Jr. Financial Analyst is responsible for the preparation of budgets, forecasts and variance analysis; development of consolidated financial statements; acts as the lead Finance team member in preparation of project budgets and supports the Finance team in performing general accounting procedures and processes. This position is a 19-month contract and currently remote due to COVID-19, with the possibility of returning to the office in Toronto.
- Performs general bookkeeping as part of the Finance team (e.g. processing accounts payable, prepares account analysis and reconciliations, contributes to month-end and year-end closing processes)
- Supports Director of Finance to prepare complete, accurate and timely monthly and annual financial statements and reporting package for internal users as well as funders.
- Performs preliminary actual vs. budget analysis, and reviews/validates the analysis results with the Director of Finance and the appropriate parties
- Undertakes research and financial analysis to support ongoing program development and learning
- Supports Director of Finance to develop in conjunction with other staff, organizational and project budgets and forecasts
- Ensures transactions are accounted for appropriately and in accordance with CESO financial policies, funders’ contracts and Canadian GAAP for not-for-profit organizations.
- Responds to internal inquiries with respect to financial matters as needed.
- Ensures adequate supporting documentation is maintained and filed for all accounting transactions.
- Assists with preparation and coordination of external audits
- Participates in implementing and enforcing internal controls policies and procedures.
- Works with vendors/service providers to resolve billing issues.
- Proactively identify areas where process improvements and/or real savings may be realized.
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance (e.g. prepare tax filings).
- Where requested, participates in and contributes to organizational initiatives such as process improvements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Working towards an accounting designation (CPA) or relevant, equivalent experience
• 2 years of experience in accounting, preferably in the non-profit industry
• Very strong attention to detail and results-oriented (i.e. ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure)
• Ability to design, prepare and analyze financial reports
• Experience with or previous exposure to government contracts, an asset
• Flexibility and responsiveness to business and functional leaders for timely reporting
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience with Quickbooks an asset
• Ideal candidate will be a team player, outgoing, energetic and a good communicator
• Bilingual – English / French is an asset
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations with Jr. Financial Analyst in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: October 22, 2021
CESO is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.