Position: Manager, Annual Giving and Engagement
Employer: Partners In Health Canada
Location: Toronto, ON
Deadline: June 30, 2021
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: June 30, 2021
Position Title: Manager, Annual Giving and Engagement
Reports To: National Director
Location: Toronto, ON
Partners In Health (PIH) is a global health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change. In a world too willing to value one human life over another, PIH stands in solidarity with the destitute, the marginalized and the sick. We pursue a moral mission within a medical context: to provide the best health care to those who need it most. Partners In Health Canada was founded in 2011 and is based in Toronto. Visit www.pihcanada.org to learn more.
If you’re a creative and team-oriented annual giving fundraiser, passionate about donor-centric communication, movement-building and advancing global health equity, we want to hear from you. The Manager, Annual Giving and Engagement will be responsible for driving PIH Canada’s annual giving strategies to accelerate organizational revenue growth. The successful applicant will be a strategic thinker and leader with proven experience growing revenue through multi-channel cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Strong writing, project management and organizational skills are a must, as is the ability to use and analyze data to drive decision-making.
- Plan and implement integrated strategies to grow PIH Canada’s base of support among individual donors at the annual giving level – across digital, email, direct mail, telemarketing and peer-to-peer channels – in support of office fundraising objectives
- Lead and execute fundraising and list-building campaigns from strategy development through to execution (including campaign briefs, timelines, data segmentation, A/B testing, optimizations, and KPI results monitoring.)
- Establish and maintain annual campaign and activity calendars
- Manage day-to-day tracking and reporting of campaign and program budgets
- Leverage content development from US-based colleagues to adapt for Canadian market
- Manage paid digital marketing campaign development and implementation
- Supervision of one direct report (Development Coordinator).
Secondary responsibilities may also include:
- Creation and maintenance of online donation and fundraising pages
- Support development of donor journeys, which will include qualitative and quantitative analysis, establishment of donor value proposition and journey mapping
- Implement website improvements in order to increase online fundraising and list-building
- Other tasks as required related to PIH Canada events and other outreach initiatives
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of seven years of progressive fundraising experience, including digital and direct mail, with a track record of annual fund growth and success
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Creative thinker; demonstrated ability to conceive and implement successful list-building strategies
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; Salesforce CRM and marketing automation platforms including Pardot; Google Analytics; Facebook & Google Ads; and WordPress.
- Outstanding organizational skills: ability to manage projects from creation to completion, plan and prioritize multiple projects
- Committed team player with integrity, professionalism, and judgement
- General knowledge of global health environment and commitment to social justice
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- University degree in a relevant field or demonstrated equivalent experience
- French fluency an asset
Compensation will depend on experience within a range of $63,000 - $77,000. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with an application deadline of June 30.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Manager, Annual Giving and Engagement’ in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all applicants but regret we will be unable to respond to all submissions. We request that you do not follow up on your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews; thank you for your understanding.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Partners In Health Canada is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. We value diversity in the workplace and believe our work is stronger when it benefits from the experience and knowledge of a diverse team. People with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized groups and members of other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Partners In Health Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.