Position: Marketing and Communications Specialist
Employer: Partners In Health Canada
Location: Toronto, ON
Deadline: June 25, 2021
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: June 25, 2021
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Reports To: National Director
Partners In Health (PIH) is a social justice and global health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change. In a world too willing to value one human life over another, PIH stands in solidarity with the destitute, the marginalized and the sick. We pursue a moral mission within a medical context: to provide the best health care to those who need it most. Partners In Health Canada was founded in 2011 and is based in Toronto. Visit www.pihcanada.org.
If you are a creative, social media-savvy, impact-seeking communications professional who believes the following things, we’d love to hear from you:
• Health is a human right. Delivering on that right for people who have been systematically excluded from it is social justice work at its finest. This work can’t happen without awareness and storytelling to move hearts and mobilize resources…which is where you come in
• Social media, websites, emails, reports and other marketing and communications channels are powerful tools that can be used to attract and engage supporters in the movement for health equity
• Paying attention to strategy, audience, and detail is critical to what you do
You will be responsible for working with colleagues and partners to broaden and deepen support for PIH Canada by communicating PIH’s global impact, leadership, and capacity to deliver results.
• Plan, execute and evaluate an organic social media strategy to grow audiences across PIH Canada social media channels, creating original content and repurposing content from PIH’s global Marketing and Communications team.
• Develop and adapt communications and fundraising materials including emails, social media content and graphics, blog posts, annual reports, newsletters, impact reports, and press releases
• Develop calendar of key dates and activities for annual communications planning while integrating PIH-wide strategic marketing and communications initiatives
• Ensure alignment with brand standards in all PIH Canada communications materials
• Update the PIH Canada website in content and design. Working knowledge of WordPress is a significant asset.
• Support PIH Canada public relations and media efforts in collaboration with the National Director and the global PIH Marketing and Communications team
Our ideal candidate has:
• Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience in the Canadian market, preferably with digital content generation and strategy, social media management, branding, and/or marketing and communications background
• Excellent English writing and editing skills, with French language skills a significant asset
• Passion for PIH’s mission and interest in global health equity and social justice.
• Proven ability to use social media and website metrics to drive and achieve strategic objectives, growing reach and engagement across different channels
• Desire to produce high-quality written and multimedia content for diverse audiences by collaborating across departments and PIH sites.
• Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in, or an interest in learning, PR and earned media best practices
• Demonstrated eye for graphic design
• Detail-orientated approach to content creation, with excellent planning and prioritization skills.
Compensation will depend on experience and market within a range of $45,000 - $57,000. Ideal position start date is July 12, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Marketing and Communications Specialist’ in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all applicants but regret we will be unable to respond to all submissions. We request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Partners In Health Canada is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. We value diversity in the workplace and believe our work is stronger when it benefits from the experience and knowledge of a diverse team. People with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized groups and members of other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Partners In Health Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.