Partnership And Resource Mobilization Advisor
Position: Partnership And Resource Mobilization Advisor
Closing Date: October 1, 2020
Location Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Start Date Oct – Nov 2020
Length of Placement 7-12 Months
Language Requirements English Level 5 – Fluent
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
With an average of 2 million people entering the job market annually in Ethiopia, the Job Creation Commission is working to create 20 million jobs by 2030 to combat unemployment and underemployment.
The Commission is looking for an exceptional leader, to serve as a Partnership and Resource Mobilization Advisor, with a strong ability to build trust/relationships and to operate in a dynamic and challenging environment. The candidate will have a unique opportunity to stimulate donor funding, private sector investment, strategic public budget allocation in Ethiopia, and to actively contribute to the economic development of Ethiopia.
Apply to this position, and let’s make a difference together!
As a volunteer, you will:
-Proactively mobilize resources from donors, private sector and philanthropies to support job creation. Lead the overall grants management of the JCC, developing concept notes and proposals.
-Support team in managing strategic partnerships with development partners and private sector. Support in developing and updating a Labor Market Resource Mapping of donor contribution and private sector in Ethiopia.
-Propose strategic and high-level policy reforms that aim to maximize private sector investment and resource mobilization. And coordinate with other public institutions, agencies, and state-owned enterprises to guide strategic investment to catalyze job creation.
-Identify, develop, and implement innovative financing mechanisms to encourage investment and job creation.
– Advise Partnership and Investment Director on -resource mobilization and optimization opportunities.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Master’s in economics, development economics, international development, public policy, public administration, public financial management, financing or another relevant field of study
Essential Professional Background:
-Specific experience within Government, private sector or development institutions direly working on issues relating to investment, resource mobilization, development financing and job creation would be valuable.
-Experience managing high-performing team
– Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
– Accommodation while in placement
– Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
– Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
– Pre-departure training program and in-country orientation (more details below)
– On the ground support through our Cuso International country program office
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course, in-country orientation, and reintegration debriefing weekend
– Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
– Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.