Project Support And Resource Mobilization Officer
Position: Project Support And Resource Mobilization Officer
Closing Date: October 1, 2020
Location Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Start Date Oct – Nov 2020
Length of Placement 7-12 Months
Language Requirements English Level 5 – Fluent
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
We are looking for a passionate volunteer to support the Ethiopian Women Lawyers’ Association (EWLA), a non-profit women’s advocacy group in Ethiopia.
As the Project Support and Resource Mobilization Officer, you will work with EWLA in resource mobilization and project support. This role includes producing high quality reports and communication to promote gender equality and protection of constitutional rights of vulnerable groups including women.
In this role, you will work closely with Ethiopian Women Lawyers’ Association, stakeholders and beneficiaries including vulnerable groups.
Apply for this position and join a dedicated group of women and their allies in promoting gender equality and advocacy for groups working to promote human rights in Ethiopia
As a volunteer, you will:
-Strengthen and centralize existing database and provide recommendations for improvement
-Support the concept note development and donor liaising in the proposal development process to broaden EWLA’s programs along with the partners it supports
-Develop, share and support the development of best practices, success stories and reports of organization
-Strengthen the writing and promotion of work being done by EWLA
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related field
Essential Professional Background:
-Demonstrated work experience with proposal development, program implementation
– Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
– Accommodation while in placement
– Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
– Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
– Pre-departure training program and in-country orientation (more details below)
– On the ground support through our Cuso International country program office
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course, in-country orientation, and reintegration debriefing weekend
– Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
– Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.