Resource Centre Advisor
Position: Resource Centre Advisor
Closing Date: July 25, 2019
Location Mwanza, Tanzania
Start Date Oct – Nov 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 5 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
As the Resource Centre Advisor, apply your skills in business development, branding, and mentoring in this volunteer role to support the Tanzania Local Enterprise Development (T-LED) project in Mwanza, Tanzania.
As the Resource Centre Advisor, you will play a critical role in strengthening T-LED’s Enterprise Incubation Centre (EIC) as a hub of learning for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs). The purpose of the EIC is to host a variety of learning opportunities and exhibitions in themes of business development, financial inclusion, computer literacy, as well as promote a female-only space.
You will be well supported by the Mwanza team, who are eager to guide you in the initial steps necessary to promote the EIC as a center of innovation and learning.
Come join a dynamic T-LED team!
As a volunteer, you will:
– Identify needs and opportunities for the Enterprise Incubation Centre (EIC) and make recommendations
– Plan events and/or exhibitions to actively promote the EIC as a place of learning and opportunity
– Develop branding items to promote the EIC to the local SME community
– Collaborate with other international and national volunteers to develop learning workshops
– Mentor/Coach SMEs in soft skill learning workshops and miscellaneous activities
Essential Academic Qualifications:
– A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics finance, agriculture or related subject
Essential Professional Background:
– 2 – 3 years’ work experience in business development, marketing, or community development
– 2 -3 years’ work experience in a cross-cultural setting in mentoring and/or training
– 1 – 2 years’ work experience in a project coordination and/or support role