Resource Development Advisor
Position: Resource Development Advisor
Closing Date: October 16, 2019
Start Date Sep – Nov 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Are you interested in supporting a small fund that supports young feminist collectives to be the next generation of feminist leaders? You will work with the director and program coordinator to develop resources by creating a corporate and local fundraising strategy.
Apply today to support Cuso International’s newest partner in Colombia.
As a volunteer, you will:
-Mapping of potential donors, review of collection strategies with local companies (CSR or others).
-Find ways to collect funds through “drop-in” programs, bank programs, monthly payments (Bancolombia), “Street fundraising” and include in the strategy how to socialize these new collection models with different audiences
-Design training for the implementation of the strategy, including the involvement of the team (monitoring and evaluation, communications, general management, board).
– Accompany the implementation of the strategy and monitor results/progress; make recommendations and creating a roadmap to follow the implementation.
– Create a list and contacts of other small funds to which applicants could refer for the Lunaria Fund calls, which are not selected (winners). Small funds, for MSMEs, funds for entrepreneurship, groups, youth, etc.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
– Undergraduate in business, social sciences, development studies, marketing or others.
– Master’s degree in social sciences, international business, marketing.
– Certification or diploma in fundraising, creation of partnerships.
Essential Professional Background:
– Experience in designing fundraising strategies
– Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
– Accommodation while in placement
– Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
– Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
– Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
– Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation