Senior Development Officer
Position: Senior Development Officer
Closing Date: December 8, 2020
Partners In Health (PIH) is a global health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change. In a world too willing to value one human life over another, PIH stands in solidarity with
the destitute, the marginalized and the sick. We pursue a moral mission within a medical context: to provide the best health care to those who need it most. Partners In Health Canada was founded in 2011 and is based in Toronto. Visit www.pihcanada.org.
You will be responsible for bringing new donors into PIH Canada through prospect research and cultivation strategies, and will manage a portfolio of existing donors with a mandate to deepen engagement and grow revenue. If you are an experienced major gift fundraiser with a track record of success who believes the following things, we’d love to hear from you:
– Health is a human right. Delivering on that right for people who have been systematically excluded from it is social justice work at its finest. This work can’t happen without resources…and that’s where you come in.
– There is a special kind of excitement that comes from making people feel as good about their philanthropy as you feel about the organization you’re representing.
– If you’re asked to prioritize either interpersonal skills or organizational skills as more important for this position, the only right answer is “both.”
– An underdeveloped portfolio is an outsized opportunity.
– Fundraising is a team sport.
Our ideal candidate:
– Has proven experience developing new relationships and raising five- and six-figure gifts in health, academic, and/or international development sectors
– Possesses excellent English writing, editing and analytical skills, with French language skills a significant asset
– Is detail and systems-oriented, with experience in Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce
– Has proven ability to use metrics to drive development decisions and achieve strategic objectives.
– Understands development best practices and has the ability to apply them in innovative ways to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors
– Develops relationships with colleagues, donors and partners in diverse settings from a position of humility and generosity
The position is full-time with an approximate start date Feb. 1, 2021. Compensation will depend on experience and market, likely within a range of $70,000 – $85,000. See https://pihcanada.org/careers/ to learn more and apply.