Youth Entrepreneurship Advisor
Position: Youth Entrepreneurship Advisor
Closing Date: November 15, 2019
Start date Sep – Nov 2019 (flexible)
Duration of the assignment 7 Months
French language requirements
Open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only
Role of the volunteer cooperant
The problems of youth employment extend to Cameroon, with a high number of young people exposed to unemployment, or confined to precarious, temporary or low-quality jobs.
As a Youth Entrepreneurship Advisor, you will work with the Ministry of Youth and Civic Education to develop the skills of Cameroonian youth to learn entrepreneurial skills and become familiar with the channels of entrepreneurship. carrier values.
Apply! Together, let’s make a difference.
The Volunteer-Cooperant will have to carry out the following activities:
Project / business formulation for the CMPJ restaurant cut with a recycling project.
Drafting of the opening plan of the restaurant
Support to project writing for the search for funds necessary for the implementation of the project
Essential academic skills:
-University degree in Administration, Management, International Relations, or a related field.
Experience / Essential Professional Skills:
-Have experience and knowledge in entrepreneurship
– Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
– Accommodation while in placement
– Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
– Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
– Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
– Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
– Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
– Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.