Top 10 Compliance Issues for Registered Charities with Mark Blumberg
This presentation provides plain language information and resources about the compliance obligations of Canadian registered charities. It covers some of the top CRA concerns for Canadian registered charities including:
• T3010 annual charity information return
• Official donation receipts
• Staying within a charity’s legal objects
• Corporate changes resulting from new non-profit corporate acts
• Employment Issues
• Gift Restrictions
• How to handle a CRA charity audit
• Business activities and social enterprise by Canadian charities
• The importance of keeping adequate books and records
• Grantmaking, locally and internationally
Date: March 28, 2019
Time: 12:00 PM EDT
This webinar will be presented by Mark Blumberg. Mark Blumberg is a charity lawyer based in Toronto with Blumberg Segal LLP and has worked for over 20 years on issues relating to non-profits, registered charities and philanthropy, in Canada and abroad. Mark has written and lectured extensively on these topics. He is the editor of two blogs namely http://www.CanadianCharityLaw.ca and http://www.GlobalPhilanthropy.ca™ and manages http://www.charitydata.ca and http://www.smartgiving.ca.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. This webinar is offered by the Canadian Charity Law Association and it is provided on a complimentary basis. Space is limited.
Click here to learn more.